Thursday, October 09, 2014

Cubular Blues



We purchased a new computer yesterday and my task today is to transfer our email programs and our accounting program from the old one to the new one. That means dealing with tech support from several different companies.

Ugh!

I'd rather be getting a pap smear and a root canal... at the same time!

:-(



[The BLOG: I wish I could attribute this, but I don't remember where I read it. Whoever you are, just know that your comment mirrored my feelings so well that I couldn't not share.]



4 comments:

Sandee said...

At the same time? Yikes, that some serious dislike of tech support. I can so relate.

Have a fabulous day. ☺

jan said...

My son-in-law built and installed my last two computers. I heartily recommend helping daughters to marry well

cube said...

Sandee: It wouldn't be so bad if I could get a straight answer, but often each tech that I speak to, has a different one. Frustration rises to epic proportions when I deal with someone who is English-compromised and I have to keep asking them to repeat themselves.

I was able to complete my task today and keep all the hair on my head ;-)

cube said...

Jan: Good for you. Taking your advice to heart, I would have to help my daughters marry a tree-hugging, anti-technology, eco-nutcase... then they might marry a man competent in IT ;-)

BTW I completed my tasks today and, though it was frustrating at times, now that it's over, I feel very accomplished.