Friday, April 07, 2006

A Toast To 47



For fans of 47, what better day to celebrate than 4/7?

I propose we raise a virtual toast from a bottle of HRM Rex-Goliath Giant 47 Pound Rooster Central Coast "Free Range" Merlot. As the story goes, HRM (His Royal Magesty) Rex Goliath was a 47 lb. bird, billed as the "World's Largest Rooster", and people came to see him from far and wide. The label replicates the one of a kind, vintage artwork from the circus banner that hung above Rex's roost.

Happy 47 Day!

And Happy Birthday Sar!

8 comments:

cube said...

sar, it's not Chardonney, but I hope it will do.

Topwomen said...

Wow! Happy Birthday to Sar, she's not 47 years old today or 4'7" is she?

Sar said...

Happy 47 day Cube!!!

Thank you so much!! Hey, I just noticed I'm visitor 29,847! You were saving it for me, weren't you?

The wine is devine and exceptionally cool. Wherever did you find it? I've been really looking forward to seeing what you had planned, and I can't wait for you to see all the 47 stuff I've got going on my place as well. I know you above all others will appreciate it the most. :)

RGMB - Thanks! I can't wait for the day I turn 47 on 47. But today I turn 36.

Topwomen said...

Sar is visitor #47, well she's proven the magic of the number again that's incredible!

cube said...

I ran across this bottle at Publix where I shop. I prefer Australian and Chilean reds, but this California merlot was quite good.

Jamie Dawn said...

Happy Day to Sar!

Sar said...

RGMB it is magical! In fact,(and Cube you'll appreciate this) today while I was driving not only did I see a lic plate with double 47s, I was also literally surrounded by them at one point as the car in front and on both sides all had 47 in their lic plate. And today, the lunch bill was 19.47 and when I returned to the car after lunch the clock read 12:47.

Cube - That's awesome. You had to know it'd taste great, being 47 and all. :)

Thanks, JD!

birdwoman said...

a 47 pound rooster? That sounds like something from a godzilla movie.

(*)>